Cyanobacterial Promoters

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Thu Jun 16 23:17:09 EST 1994

Enrique Jose Labadan Frio - SCBC - 3421101 (g3421101 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th) wrote:
: 	Dear friends and colleagues,

: 		The aim of my work is to express mosquito-larvicidal
: 	toxins in cyanobacteria (blue-green algae), toted as an excellent
: 	vector for mosquito control. This is quite important for us in the
: 	tropics, since mosquitoes are quite ubiquitous here (an under-
: 	statement) and transmit a lot of parasitic diseases. The strategy
: 	involves the introduction and stable maintenance of expression in
: 	these environmentally-persistent microorganisms.

: 		In this regard, I would like to request for protocols,
: 	references, ideas, information on expression systems and native
: 	cyanobacterial promoters, and any suggestions regarding expression
: 	or the strategy itself.

: 		Thank you very much for your time and kindness.

: 	With warmest regards,

: 	Enrique Frio
: 	Dept of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science
: 	Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
: 	---------------------------------------------------------
: 	"Computers do what you tell them to do,
: 	 And not what you want them to do."  :-)
: 				 -- anonymous [from PC/GENE]
A very recent conditional expression vector was introduced in :

		Current Microbiology Vol 28(3) pp 145-148 1994
Authors: Mermetbouvier P. et al
I hope it helps
Cheers,
Shahram Mori