Altered Sites II- Any good?

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Fri Jun 17 12:17:10 EST 1994

In Article <199406162241.PAA02738 at netcomsv.netcom.com>, jloring at genpharm.com
("Jeanne Loring") wrote:
>                       Subject:                               Time:3:29 PM
>  OFFICE MEMO          Altered Sites II- Any good?            Date:6/16/94
>Ok netters, so I want to do site-directed mutagenesis just this once and want
it
>to not be a big deal.  No one does this around here, so I've been advised to
buy
>a kit, follow the directions, and quit intellectualizing so much about it.
>However, though the Altered Sites II kit from Promega looks intriguing and is
>possibly bombproof, I am suspicious.  Would anyone who has experience with this
>kit or others for site-directed mutagenesis, please share it?  Many thanks.
>
>Jeanne Loring
>GenPharm

Hi Jeanne,
    We have been using this system for a few months now, and are quite
impressed with it. We have generated nearly ten different mutations, some of
which were quite complex (3 AAs in a row) and it has never failed to work
(well, the VERY first time, but....). I highly recomend the product. Good
luck.
Tracy Aquilla, Post-doctoral Research Associate
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
University of Vermont, College of Medicine
aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu