PCR incorp. efficiency of biotin-dUTP vs. biotin-dNTPs???

Peter M. Muriana muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu
Fri Jun 17 11:51:15 EST 1994

Hi netters,

Does anyone know if biotin-dNTPs (i.e., biotin-dCTP, biotin-dATP; linker
omitted) incorporate at a significantly different efficiency than
biotin-14-dUTP during PCR??

We used to use biotin-14-dUTP, but due to a problem with licensing, our
vendor switched to biotin-14-dCTP and following the same protocols with
everything else apparently the same, we don't feel we're getting the same
level of incorporation.  Does anyone know of, or observed, such differences
in incorporation, especially as Boehrringer Manheim has doubled the price
of their biotin-14-dUTP in the last year because of the noted problems
with licensing (they wouldn't lie to me, would they?).

Regards, Peter

*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.		Phone	= (317)-494-8284	*
*  Dept. of Food Science		FAX	= (317)-494-7953	*
*  Purdue University		E-mail	= muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu	*
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907                                        	*