Problems with News archives?

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Fri Jun 17 08:23:17 EST 1994

neale at mbcf.stjude.org wrote:
: Has anyone else had problems using Gopher to search the News archives at
: Indiana?

: I have been trying for several days now to recover postings regarding
: electroporator recommendations, but Gopher fails to open the directory?

: Is it just me or is Indiana down?

	It doesn't work for me either.  I have not written to Don Gilbert
about it, because I figured: 1) He probably already knows about it and
doesn't need to get swamped with 10,000 mail messages.  2) Don is a busy
man and he provides this service free of charge with very little (none?)
funding from anyone.  I'm grateful that it works at all and don't mind if
it is down for a few days.