Multiplexing PCR

White Nick njw at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 09:26:08 EST 1994

Hello,

I'm involved in mapping chromosomal deletions using microsatelite PCR. To
cut down on the number of reactions, gels etc we want to start multiplexing,
ie amplifying several sets of primers in one reaction. I'm sure people are
already doing this - if it's you can I have some advice please?

Are there any special conditions, buffers etc? The majority of the primers
in use have similar reaction conditions but we still get odd products.

Thanks
Nick

             Nick J .White, Haematological Medicine,
             Cambridge University, MRC Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge,
             Cambs. CB2 2QH  United Kingdom.

             Internet  njw at al.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
             Telephone +44 223 330561
             Fax       +44 223 336837