problems with PCR

WMGDDM WMGDDM at CARDIFF.AC.UK
Mon Jun 20 10:59:35 EST 1994

I've got a problem with a PCR that I'm attempting...

    I'm trying to use a pair of primers to follow a series
of deletions that I'm making in a plasmid.

    Under 'standard' conditions I can amplify the deleted
version of the plasmid but not the original undeleted
version.

    Can anyone explain this, I've tried all the usual
variations in the reaction conditions, etc. with no luck!

Thanx
Dave Morgan         Inst. Medical Genetics
                    University of Wales College of Medicine
                    Heath Park, Cardiff. CF4 4XN