baculo expression: aggregation problems

Stephan Spencer sspencer at rhino.bocklabs.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 20 12:11:16 EST 1994

I am overexpressing a viral protein with recombinant baculovirus
system, and I am having problems with severe aggregation of my
protein. About 80% is in the nuclear pellet. I've already done a
timecourse to see if I can harvest early in infection to circumvent
the aggregation, and it wouldn't help. So I guess I am left with
denaturing and renaturing the protein. Does anyone have a protocol
for this or another suggestion for dealing with the aggregation?
(There is no evidence that this protein can form incomplete capsids
on its own.)

Thanks!
Stephan Spencer
Institute for Molecular Virology