QIAGEN resin

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Sat Jun 18 11:50:12 EST 1994

Sean David Moore (smoore at mail.sas.upenn.edu) wrote:

(answer to the question why there are several companies selling apparently
 identical resins for DNA purification)

:   They would do that for the same reason Toyota will sell under the GM name...
: Mitsubishi will sell under Dodge, and Mazda will sell under Ford...

: so Quiagen will avoid such things as extra taxes...have address listings
: in the U.S.....allow stock storage of materials here rather than Germany..and
: I hate to regret..I feel people tend to buy from American-based companies
: (addresses) more than others.

Unlikely, since Quiagen sells its stuff in Germany as well as in the US.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */