insoluble DNA pellet after Qiagen Tip20

mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:02:02 EST 1994

In article <-210694111348 at dent-226-97.dentistry.umich.edu> @umich.edu ( ) writes:
>In article <eggermon-200694162025 at 134.58.181.40>,
>eggermon at popserv.kuleuven.ac.be (Jan Eggermont) wrote:
>> but the final pellet was as
>> resistant to resuspension as the first one (despair....).
>Sounds to me like you overloaded the column with too much bacteria and/or
>didn't wash enough of the protein (it is your insoluble material)

I've found that I often get a small amount of column material
washed out with the eluent.  I don't recall seeing any warning
about this in their liturature.  If not spun out, it will
eventually clump and precipitate of its own accord.  It doesn't
seem to have any effect on the use of plasmid in transfection.

Mike Holloway
mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu