Pbluescript I map

Marianna Max drmax at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Wed Jun 22 05:50:52 EST 1994

In article <2u82lf$skt at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, Shahram Mori <smori at nmsu.edu> wrote:
>Nelson Salazar (N.SALAZAR at lshtm.ac.uk) wrote:
>
>: Dear Netters,
>:                 simple questions. Where can I find the map of the
>: vector pBluescript I ?? Is there a SacII site in the cloning site of
>: this vector ?? What is the difference between this one and the
>: pBluescript II SK ??
>
>: Thanks in advance,
>:                         N. Salazar
>
>: **********************************************************************
>: Nelson Salazar                      *  E-mail: n.salazar at lshtm.ac.uk
>: Dept. of Medical Parasitology       *    or  nsalazar at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
>: Lon. Sch. Hyg. & Trop. Med.         *  Fax No: 071 636 8739
>: Keppel St. London WC1E 7HT, UK      *  Tel   : 071 927 2468
>: **********************************************************************
>Isn't that the same as Bluscript phagemid? I just briefly looked at the
>two. It looks like one is longer than the other by three base pairs and
>that the length of ColE1 ori is different between the two. You can find
>the map of both of them in the 1994 strategene catalogue in the appendix.
>Cheers,
>Shahram Mori

There is a map of pBS (sk/ks) in the back of the Strategene catalog (or at
least in the one I use for ref that is a couple of years old). I don't have
it with me but from memory I believe the only changes in the MCS between
pBS I and II is that II has an additonal BssHI site near the T7 primer
region.

Max