LUCIFERASE woes

Charolyn Babichuk Charolyn_Babichuk at darwin.biochem.ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 22 15:29:25 EST 1994

I'm using firefly luciferase as a reporter gene in mammalian T lymphocytes.
 Although the B-gal standards work fine, the luciferase activity seems to
be so variable from experiment to experiment.  I know that the enzyme is
sensitive to light and agitation.  I have been using PMSF and DTT in the
triton lysis buffer but if anyone knows of anything or any harvesting
manipulation that can seriously affect the enzymes stability, please e-mail
me and maybe we can discuss this problem.

Thanks,

--
Blue Skies!
Charolyn