Help retrieving "genpept" references

yagi2 at yagi2 at
Wed Jun 22 09:46:06 EST 1994

In article <2u7snb$e2j at>,
<asimmond at> writes:
> Path:!!!!unixg.ubc.
> From: asimmond at (Andrew Simmonds)
> Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
> Subject: Help retrieving "genpept" references
> Date: 21 Jun 1994 23:22:19 GMT
> We did a BLAST e-mail search at NIH and got back a lot of lovely
> information but we are having a hard time matching "genpept"
> i.e. gp|z31698| to the references.  We can get info about Swis-Prot
> it is just these ones that are giving us a hard time.
> Any suggestions?
> Andrew Simmonds
I believe the number after the 'gp|' refers to the GenBank accession
number.  In this case you can use the NCBI's retrieve e-mail server.
Send the following message:

DATALIB genbank

to 'retrieve at'.  For more details send the word 'help'
in the body of the message to the same address.

Akemi Yagi
The Scripps Research Institute
yagi2 at