Help retrieving "genpept" references

yagi2 at scripps.edu yagi2 at scripps.edu
Wed Jun 22 09:46:06 EST 1994

In article <2u7snb$e2j at quartz.ucs.ualberta.ca>,
<asimmond at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
> From: asimmond at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Andrew Simmonds)
> Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
> Subject: Help retrieving "genpept" references
> Date: 21 Jun 1994 23:22:19 GMT
>
> We did a BLAST e-mail search at NIH and got back a lot of lovely
> information but we are having a hard time matching "genpept"
numbers...
> i.e. gp|z31698| to the references.  We can get info about Swis-Prot
etc.
> it is just these ones that are giving us a hard time.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Andrew Simmonds

I believe the number after the 'gp|' refers to the GenBank accession
number.  In this case you can use the NCBI's retrieve e-mail server.
Send the following message:

DATALIB genbank
BEGIN
z31698

to 'retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov'.  For more details send the word 'help'
in the body of the message to the same address.

Akemi Yagi
The Scripps Research Institute
yagi2 at scripps.edu