Prok. vector x studying 5'UTR (HELP)

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Wed Jun 22 22:49:03 EST 1994

otello at sc2a.unige.ch wrote:
: Dear netters,
: I would like to ask your advice about a prokaryotic vector
: I am looking for. I would like to test a 5'UTR sequence from chloroplast
: DNA for expression in coli. Therefore, I am looking for a vector with the
: following characteristics:
: -either resistance gene with a low suppression rate or Bgal or
: anything else that could give me a QUANTITATIVE measurement of the expression
: rate; this should be downstream of a cloning polylinker (or suitable sites)
: designed for insertion of the foreign promoter/regulatory signal(s). I would
: really like to produce a fusion protein with the reporter/marker, since
: the region I'm studying goes from the promoter region to about 10-15 aa 3'
: to the ATG. The fusion protein should be stable....

: Otello

PBluescript Phagemid????:) Stratagene.
Cheers
Shahram Mori
Program in Molecular Biology
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry Box 3C
NMSU Las Cruces NM
88003

 _/\_
_\  /_