Taq Extender

Dave Segal ds1539 at u.cc.utah.edu
Thu Jun 23 00:25:22 EST 1994

Maninder Chopra (v069t3q8 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu) wrote:
: In article <sugupta.1122075530A at news.physics.sunysb.edu>, sugupta at ccmail.sunysb.edu (Sunita Gupta) writes...
: >I've recently tried Stratagene's "Taq Extender" PCR Additive and have seen
: >good results.  Has anyone else tried this product?
: I tried it on a range of sizes and found it to work better than
: without the extender. The amount of product was consistently better.
: At least, upto 6 Kb, I consistently could amplify from a cDNA clone
: and Drosophila head RT cDNA.
: Maninder

Here's an article for you:
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
JUN 07 1994 v 91 n 12
Cheng, Suzanne
Fockler, Carita
Barnes, Wayne M.
Effective amplification of long targets from cloned inserts and human genomic
 DNA.
Page: 5695