(none)

sudhanshu at nii.ernet.in sudhanshu at nii.ernet.in
Thu Jun 23 09:56:18 EST 1994

Dear netters,
We have recently run into problems with our minipreps. We use GTE/SDS_NaOH/
Pot. Actt. method for minipreps. A plasmid of about 6 KB which was growing
happily in TG1 cells could be easily prepared using this miniprep method.  Now
the same bacteria, or even diiferent strains, transformed with this plasmid
give very very little or no DNA when we make mini or maxi preps by whatever
method. Transformed bacteria grows nicely in presence of Ampicillin. Any clues
as to what may be going wrong ? Pl reply to my email address as I do not
subscribe to the news.
Thanks in anticipation,
Atul