sick JM109's

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 06:48:26 EST 1994

I am having a problem with my JM109's. I can't make them CaCl2 competent
anymore! I maintain the bugs on minimal plates with thiamine so they
should still have their F'. The CaCl2 procedure works OK for XL1-blue's
so that is not the problem either. Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone in Cambridge (UK) have a stock that I can take a streak from?

ADVthanksANCE
--
Frances Hannan
BILMS, Zoology, Downing St, Cambridge, CB2 3EJ, UK
flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk