ethidium bromide disposal

Thu Jun 23 12:39:12 EST 1994

       Hello fellow stainers, I have had concerns about EtBr disposal and have
been reading the recent messages and looking for a good method for disposal.
As a result, we just got a letter from Schleicher  & Schuell
(603-352-3810) and will be recieving a free test filter.  It's called EZ
filter and is suposed to remove EtBr from about 10 liters of liquid.  I think
they estimated less han a $1 a liter.  Anyway we are going to try one out and
see how they work.  Just thought I'd pass it on in case someone else was as
paranoid as we are about disposal of potentialy toxic reagents.
Troy Saulnier
910835s at
Biol Dept, Acadia University
Wolfville, NS, B0P 1X0