ECL detection system

jgill at kean.ucs.mun.ca jgill at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Thu Jun 23 11:21:48 EST 1994

Hi there,

  I am thinking of using ECL system to do Southern blot analysis.  As I
understand, there are two ECL systems available currently, that is, the
direct system (direct labelling of DNA probes with HRP) and indirect system
(ECL random primer system,   indirect hapteen based system for DNA probes).
My aim is to detect a single copy gene integration in
transgenic Atlantic salmon using genomic blot analysis.  I don't have
experience  with either of these systems.  Any suggestions to this subject
will be appreciated.