nitrosoguanidine

Jay Allen jsallen at rs6.tcs.tulane.edu
Wed Jun 22 23:56:41 EST 1994

Bill Jack wrote:
: Does anyone know a supplier of N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine
: (nitrosoguanidine) to be used for mutagenesis? Sigma no longer carries it.

: Thanks,

: Bill Jack
: New England Biolabs
: jack at neb.com

	Actually, that's not true.  I just ordered some today.  The catalog
number has been changed. M7038 is the cat. number for Sigma. :)

	BTW, I am working with MNNG (crystalline) and I was wondering how
to weigh it out.  I don't want to do it in the hood, because I don't want
to circulate a crystalline carcinogen.  Any ideas??  I am dissolving in DMSO,
diluting in PBS and treating transfected HeLa cells for a genotoxicity
assays.
Jay Allen	  	   Texas-Ex '93		    Tulane Medical School
Southeastern Intercollegiate Sailing Association Executive Vice-President