nitrosoguanidine

SLF forsburg at SALK-SC2.SALK.EDU
Fri Jun 24 09:17:55 EST 1994

In article <2ub4m9$b91 at news.cs.tulane.edu>:

> Bill Jack wrote:
> : Does anyone know a supplier of N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine
> : (nitrosoguanidine) to be used for mutagenesis? Sigma no longer carries it.
>
> : Thanks,
>
> : Bill Jack
> : New England Biolabs
> : jack at neb.com
>
> 	Actually, that's not true.  I just ordered some today.  The catalog
> number has been changed. M7038 is the cat. number for Sigma. :)
>
> 	BTW, I am working with MNNG (crystalline) and I was wondering how
> to weigh it out.  I don't want to do it in the hood, because I don't want
> to circulate a crystalline carcinogen.  Any ideas??  I am dissolving in DMSO,
> diluting in PBS and treating transfected HeLa cells for a genotoxicity
> assays.

Last time I tried to order NG (about three months ago), Sigma couldnt ship
it to me.  This happens periodically; the stuff is explosive and someone
gets worried about dangerous chemicals in transit. In fact it has  often
been difficult to get NG here in the US.   Please let me know if Sigma are
actually shipping again and I'll get some!

forsburg at sc2.salk.edu
    formerly forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk