Advice re: Stratagene VAGE Apparatus

Dick Vogt vogt at tbone.biol.scarolina.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:55:42 EST 1994

We've had this set up for a couple of years, trying it out once in
awhile.  Folks in my lab regularly complain about using it.  One
complaint regards the set up leaking during pouring.  Another complaint
regards trying to run formaldehyde gels and having the polymerized gel
fall out even using the frosted plate.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  We're trying to resolve two
mRNAs on a Northern that are running very close, and thought the thinner
gel might help.  Thanks!

--
Richard Vogt (Internet: vogt at biol.scarolina.edu) (803) 777-8998
Department of Biology, University of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208