mRNA isolation kits

Rich Maki's lab rmaki at ljcrf.edu
Sat Jun 25 00:29:12 EST 1994

In article <2u6h85$s7f at nuscc.nus.sg>, med30065 at leonis.nus.sg (TAN MIN-HAN)
wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'm a student working on the isolation of mRNA from tissue, and I'd
> really appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea of all the
> commercial mRNA isolation kits available. My intention is to test out the
> yield of each of these kits.
>
> From a quick browse through the advertisements of the past issues of
> Nature, I've found 1) Promega's PolyATract mRNA isolation system 2)
> QIAGEN's OligoTex 3) TRI reageant from Molecular Research Centre
>
> If anyone knows of any other kits, or uses them for mRNA extraction, I'd
> really appreciate it if you could tell me what they are. Thank you very
> much.
>
> --
> Tan Min-Han                        Faculty of Medicine
> E-mail: med30065 at leonis.nus.sg     National University of Singapore
>         minhan at biomed.nus.sg
> --Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, and Eternity in an hour--

Hi, Tan Min-Han

We use a kit called RNAzol B, manufactured by Bioteck Laboratories Inc
(Telephone number 1 (800) 535-6286; Fax number 1 (713) 643-3143. It is a
really quick protocol, which allows you to extract total RNA from tissues
or culture cells in less than 2 hours, and starting with 10.000.000 cells
we have managed to extract up to 50 micrograms of total RNA.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Annabel and Martin.