PAPAIN

daj (David Johnston) daj at nhm.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 02:12:17 EST 1994

On 25 Jun 1994 09:01:21 -0600,
  Dinesh Haryadi writes:

> Does anyone know where I can obtain information concerning
> "PAPAIN" , its production, refinement , etc.
> (2 x Recrystallized papain is used as a chemical reagent and
> medicine) It is the dried latex of green papaya.
>
> Your suggestions and pointers are appreciated in advance.
>
> -Dinesh Haryadi

Have a look in the Merck Index in your Library (or buy a copy through
Sigma if you are in a hurry), the 11th edition (1989) has about a quater
of a page of descriptions, references etc about it (p1110, compound 6965)
(sorry, it is too long to type out for you but if you are desperate, I will
fax a copy)..
DAJ

David A. Johnston
Dept of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road,
South Kensington, London SW7 5DB. England
(tel 071 9389297, fax 071 9388754, email daj at nhm.ac.uk)