SDS PAGE Taq extender?

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jun 27 11:02:23 EST 1994

     Has anyone analysed (or is anyone willing to) Stratagene's Taq
extender by SDS PAGE?
     Suspicions are that it is nothing but Pfu DNA polymerase.
     If so, could one replace it with other Pfu like DNA pols? (such as NEB's
Deep Vent).
     Taq extender has worked very well in my hands. Before I go off
"playing around" with trying to emulate its effects, it would be nice to
start with more info.
     Please post responses (I'll post summary of any emails I get on this
matter).

thanks,
Andre Hamel                                    email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Manitoba Government Veterinary Services          lab tel.: (204) 945-7630
545 University Crescent,                              FAX: (204) 945-8062
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
CANADA   R3T 5S6            ********************