PCR final hold temp. article???

Andrew Cockburn afc at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Tue Jun 28 14:55:19 EST 1994

In article <1994Jun27.111949.26596 at miavx1>, ktgeiss at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
> Greetings Bionetters:
>     Last week I read an article about an experiment to determine whether the
> final soak temperature (conventionally 4C) at the end of a PCR run mattered.
> They tried three or four different temperatures and concluded that it really
> didn't matter.
<deleted>
> Thanks,
> GEISS...[:)

It can make a BIG difference!  Someone left a PCR reaction in our thermocycler
overnight (at 4C) and ruined the cycler.  There was condensation on the bottom
of the plate, which dripped down into the electronics and shorted out one of
the boards.  It cost us several hundred dollars to repair it.

Those of you who do not work in a swamp can probably disregard this post :-(.

Andrew Cockburn
USDA