PCR ghost bands

exb0431 at csdvax.csd.unsw.edu.au exb0431 at csdvax.csd.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 00:25:56 EST 1994

PCR ghost bands

It's very difficult to get all info across the net but I find
that many people are happy to use primers which are not 'purified' in
some way or other. With all those failed/semi-failed etc primers produced by
synthesis surely one is just waiting for problems with 'non-specificity
of primers!! For all our work, particularly the clinical setting, one must do
the 'best' and use HPLC puficiation to erase any short mers, if that's a word!
Pierre, what do you do for primer 'purification'? ?  :-|) Ian