gels sticking to glassplate

Kristen Ruebling krisreub at iastate.edu
Tue Jun 28 16:06:21 EST 1994

In <peter.thoren.9.2E0FEF77 at genetik.uu.se> peter.thoren at genetik.uu.se (Peter Thorén) writes:

>Hi netters!

>I´m running microsatellites in a 6% seq.gel. My problem is that sometimes when
>I split the glassplates the gel will stick to both plates. That is of course
>not good so my question is: Are there anything I can use that is cheap and
>easy, besides repellsilane, to solve this problem?

>Kind regards,

>Peter Thorén

>Peter.Thoren at genetik.uu.se

Hi, I have also had this problem in the past. The solution that I have finally
settled on is to use Rain X. It works great for me. It can be found at Target
or Walmart type stares. I think the 7 oz. bottle I bought was around 3-4
dollars. I have found that you only need to reapply it every 5-6th time. So
a bottle should last a long time. Hope this helps you out.

Kris

krisreub at iastate.edu