Translated Alu?

Mr. G. Morley gmorley at crc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 07:20:32 EST 1994

 I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with this one..?
I am randomly sequencing a epithelial cancer cDNA library..
but after putting the resulting sequences through a protein
database search I am finding a high proportion of them (~2% approx)
are coming up with 'Translated Alu class C'
 Until commencing the project I was unaware that Alu's could be
translated..does anyone out there have anymore information about
this (or could tell me where I might obtain this information)?
I have already searched Medline and obtained no joy :(
 thank you in advance,
                     Gary Morley.