OXYGEN MEASUREMENT, Help! (fwd)

Robert Preston rapr at MED.PITT.EDU
Tue Jun 28 07:41:42 EST 1994

> From: vwarwar at unlinfo.unl.edu (vitor warwar)
> Subject: OXYGEN MEASUREMENT, Help!
> Date: 28 Jun 1994 04:45:17 GMT
>      I'm trying to measure the consuption of oxygen in a enzymatic
> reaction. I'm using a Clarke-type electrode. The problem is
> that this stuff is very unstable. It only works well every blue
> mon, making impossible to do any serious kinetics work.
>      Any advise? Is there any other way to measure free O2 in
> solution?
>      Vitor

Maybe you need to KNOW the kinetics (to be able to slow them down) in
order to FIND the kinetics. ;-)  But what is the real problem: "working
well every blue moon" suggests not simply instability, but uncontrolled
instability.  How fast is it, anyway, and what is it, and maybe I know
how to find as many blue moons as you need.

Rob
rapr at med.pitt.edu