Protease Factor Xa ?

Steve Minchin S.D.Minchin at
Wed Jun 29 09:25:18 EST 1994

In article <28JUN199420073552 at> jpalek at (HYNEK WICHTERLE) writes:
>Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
>From: jpalek at (HYNEK WICHTERLE)
>Subject: Protease Factor Xa ?
>Sender: news at (USENET News System)
>Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 00:07:00 GMT

>Does anybody know how to use Factor Xa as a protease? (concentration,
>conditions...). According to Biochemistry Labfax, it should cut Arg-X of

>Could you help me please, also with conditions for cutting Asn-Gly with

>thank you in advance

>hynek wichterle (jpalek at

We have found that there is no standard conditions for Factor Xa digestion.
Cleavage will be influenced by the accessability of the cleavage site and the
surrounding peptide sequence.

You should therefore optimise the conditions for your particular protein.

Things to vary are:

pH (7-10)
Substrate Conc. 0.1-20mg/ml
enzyme:Substrate ratio (w:w) 1:10 - 1:200
temperature 0-37 degrees C
time 1- 20 hours

There are several references including Nagia & Thogersen (1984) Nature Vol.309

All the Best

Steve Minchin

Dr. Steve Minchin,

School of Biochemistry, The University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, U.K.

InterNet:       S.D.Minchin at
Janet:          S.D.Minchin at