books on PCR

eric c. anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Wed Jun 29 15:20:14 EST 1994

In article <2up875$m79 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, WMGDDM <WMGDDM at CARDIFF.AC.UK>
wrote:

>     Does anyone know of any recent publications on
> PCR ? I seem to remember some postings about a new book
> recently (but didn't note the author, title, etc).
>
>     Could someone re-post the details

dave,

i've got 2 suggestions here for you, both of which have been very helpful
to me.  the first is a general PCR overview, and the 2nd is more
novel/innovative stuff.

1.  PCR: A Practical Approach
				Ed.  M.J. McPherson, P. Quirke and G.R. Taylor
				IRL Press, 1991
    ISBN:  0-19-963196-4

2.  PCR Technology:  Current Innovations
    Ed. Hugh and Annette Griffin
    CRC Press, 1994
    ISBN:  0-8493-8674-8
this one is really thick so if your looking for basic suggestions, wait on
this one.  if you want to know about site-directed mutagenesis, sequencing
techniques, and lots of different practical applications, this is an
excellent book.  includes protocols.

good luck,
eric
--
i believe in nothing...everything is sacred.
i believe in everything...nothing is sacred.

eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
314-362-3963 (work)
314-362-7058 (fax)
dept. of molecular biology and pharmacology
washington university school of medicine
st. loser, misery  63110