Yeast Spheroplast Protocols

LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET
Wed Jun 29 12:25:31 EST 1994

Klaus wrote for a friend who was interested in hearing about other's methods
for spheroblast preparation in yeast.  We work with S. cerevisae on occasion,
and we have tried two methods: the LiCl method and the enzymatic method with
Gluculase (same as Zymolase probably).  Although the enzymatic method is more
time consuming, we found it was worth the effort - much more efficient.  So,
that's my 2 cents worth!  If anyone else has a better method, we'd be interest-
ed too.  Thanks.  Laura