Geneclean problems

Dr. D. Marazziti dmarazzi at crc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:25:25 EST 1994

We are having terrible problems with the BIO101 "Geneclean" kit.
We have tested different  plasmids, rest. enzymes, researcher'hands
and so on but we never obtain purified bands which can ligate efficiently.
Apparently the problems started a couple of months ago (march-April 94)
and we wonder if it has something to do with new batches of the kit shipped to Europe (Italy).
We usually purify our DNA bands from Ultra Pure agarose (BRL) gel  run in
TBE buffer.
Any suggestion is gratly welcome !!!!

Daniela Marazziti
Insti. of Cell Biology, CNR, Viale Marx 43, I-00137 Rome
fax: +39-6-8273287
e-mail: daniela at biocell.irmkant.rm.cnr.it