Geneclean problems

Ludwig Lab-UCSC niflab at biology.UCSC.EDU
Thu Jun 30 18:06:18 EST 1994

> From BIOSCI-REQUEST at net.bio.net Thu Jun 30 12:02:08 1994
> To: methods-and-reagents at net.bio.net
> Subject: Re: Geneclean problems
>
> In article <2uukkl$bom at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> Dr. D. Marazziti,
> dmarazzi at crc.ac.uk writes:

> >We usually purify our DNA bands from Ultra Pure agarose (BRL) gel  run
> in
> >TBE buffer.
>
> The instructions that came with the geneclean kit I have suggest
> (strongly)  not to use TBE.  I have good success with TAE.  Hope this
> helps.

The new Gene Clean II has a "TBE modifier" for use with TBE.  It
works well in my hands.
		--b0b kuhn

Robert Kuhn, PhD
Sinsheimer Laboratories       Shake and shake the ketchup bottle
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064  USA     None will come.  And then a lot'll

email: rkuhn at orchid.ucsc.edu                    --Richard Armour