Geneclean problems

Bruce E. Taillon bt0u+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:19:50 EST 1994


>We are having terrible problems with the BIO101 "Geneclean" kit.
>We have tested different  plasmids, rest. enzymes, researcher'hands
>and so on but we never obtain purified bands which can ligate efficiently.
>Apparently the problems started a couple of months ago (march-April 94)
>and we wonder if it has something to do with new batches of the kit
shipped to 
>Europe (Italy).
>We usually purify our DNA bands from Ultra Pure agarose (BRL) gel  run in 
>TBE buffer.
>Any suggestion is gratly welcome !!!!
> 
>Daniela Marazziti
>Insti. of Cell Biology, CNR, Viale Marx 43, I-00137 Rome
>fax: +39-6-8273287
>e-mail: daniela at biocell.irmkant.rm.cnr.it

In agreement with the other replys - switch to TAE.  Also I have found
that doing the purification right away is important.  I never let the
DNA sit in the gel slice for more then overnight.

good luck, 

Bruce Taillon
Washington University in St. Louis
Biology Dept.



More information about the Methods mailing list