Nonradioactive labeling(Peroxidase or AP..)

Kieron Des kierondes at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 12:34:02 EST 1994

Schleicher & Schuell has a brand new product- a method for labeling probes that
is very easy using a psoralen-biotin molecule which intercalates in ss- or
dsDNA. The nice thing is that you don't have to be an enzymologist to label,
you add this to a heat-denatured probing strand and it is crosslinked to the
strand via 365nm handheld lamp. This being a DNA affinity reagent, you can
label in unpurified mixtures such as a gel fragment containing your
gel-purified restriction fragment you want to use as a probe. This system has
been adopted by others seeking to teach large labs also I have heard.
The company can be reached at 800-245-4024 for more info. I realize this isn't
a direct labeling, but its very easy to use in a teaching setting, and it may
just do the trick.