inducible promoters

William W.-G. Jia wjia at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 1 12:02:52 EST 1994

Hi, there,
     A few days a ago, I posted a question regarding inducible promoters. I
think I need to specify it more. What I would like to know is an inducible
promoter that works in mammalians (rat, mouse, maybe caw?) in vivo.  For my
specific interest, I need an inducible promoter working in the brain. But I
am also interested in anything works in other organs.  At this point, I
think what I mean "work" is that it can be induced by a non-toxic substance.
The ratio of induction may be the next criteria.