SOUTHERNS

frances at matai.vuw.ac.nz frances at matai.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Mar 2 21:54:42 EST 1994

HELP!  Has anyone ever had problems caused by "reverse capillary action" when
they are Southern Blotting.  By this I mean getting a ghost of an image from
one gel (previously blotted using the same Southern set-up) transfered onto
another.

I realise that the easy answer to this problem would be to use a new Southern
Blot set-up each time, but I am interested in hearing from people who have
experienced this phenomenon.

I'm just curious I suppose (or in need of vindication).  If you have nothing
better to do please drop me a line.

SIncerely

Frances