BioRad Rotofor

newittja at newittja at
Wed Mar 2 21:38:41 EST 1994

"Steve A. Kay" <sak5y at FARADAY.CLAS.VIRGINIA.EDU> writes:
>Dear Netters,
>        Has anyone had any experience with the BioRad Rotofor
>and/or Prep Cell protein purification systems ? We are
>considering purchasing one and would appreciate any comments.
I tested the Rotofor once with an E. coli lysate from cells ex-
pressing my protein at moderate levels.  A MAJOR problem with
this apparatus is that once the proteins near their pI, they
precipitate.  I tried several of the suggested workarounds, but
I never had any success.  We didn't buy the apparatus.
	-John  <newittja at>