no product, Promega kit?

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu Mar 3 10:57:35 EST 1994

Sure,

Make your 10X salts solution and make it at 5X, and don't freeze it,
but filter sterilze and store at room temperature.

200 mM KCl
50 mM Tris-Cl (8.3)
7.5 mM MgCl
0.05% gelatin

We also add 0.05% NP-40 deteregent and 5% Acetamide (10/100 ul of 50%) to
all final reactions. I add MgCl to 2.5 mM when using plasmid targets.

If that fails, reconstitute a new batch of dNTPs

If that fails, purchase some new Taq polymerase (fully licensed for PCR of
course ;)

Now throw away the silly "PCR Kit".

It is essential that you be able to trouble-shoot the components of the
reaction yourself (at this stage), as later on that skill will be
necessary in your own experiments.

Best wishes,

Jim
J. Graham