DnaseI footprinting on single-stranded oligonucleotides

Janet Yee jyee at HELIX.NIH.GOV
Thu Mar 3 15:54:19 EST 1994

     I have identified a protein from a nuclear extract that binds single
stranded DNA with limited sequence specificity.  I am interested in
performing DNaseI footprinting experiments on a single-stranded 54-mer
oligonucleotide with the nuclear extract.  Does anyone have any
experience and advice on DNaseI footprinting on such a short
single-stranded piece of DNA?  Any references on this application and on
other single-stranded DNA binding proteins would be appreciated.  Thanks.

						Janet