Blotter

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Thu Mar 3 16:51:47 EST 1994

I'm planning to purchase a device to do Southern and Northern blots. I
have traditionally used the upward transfer method by capillary action. I
would like to use something that would be faster, more easy to set up and
perhaps transfer with greater efficiency. These devices are available from
a number of vendors and I would appreciate any advice on your experiences.
E.g. vacuum vs electrophoretic transfer, vacuum vs pressure transfer,
brand preference, etc. Thanks in advance.