Bicinchoninic Acid (BCA) protein assay

fleming at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu fleming at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu
Fri Mar 4 08:04:04 EST 1994

In article <2l2dvi$b4n at news.univ-rennes1.fr>, mordret at sbr (Guy.Mordret) writes:
> Hi!
>
> I have got some BCA (Bicinchoninic acid) in powder from Pierce and
> I would like to know the concentrations of sodium carbonate,
> sodium bicarbonate and sodium tartrate solutions in which I
> could dissolve the BCA reagent to obtain the reagent A as described
> in PIERCE protocol.
> Thank you in advance
>
> Guy Mordret Cell Cycle Lab Station Biologique Roscoff FRANCE
> email: mordret at sb-roscoff.fr

I don't have the recipe easily at hand but the reference is Analytical
Biochemistry, V150, p76-85 Smith et al: Measurement of protein using
bicinchoninic acid.
I use 200ul BCA soln + 20ul sample in a 96 well plate. 37oC 30min then
read in an ELISA plate reader at 562nm.
Great Assay. Easy and painless

Rob Powell