Blotter

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Mar 4 04:51:58 EST 1994

Shiao Y. Wang (sywang at whale.st.usm.edu) wrote:

: I'm planning to purchase a device to do Southern and Northern blots. I
: have traditionally used the upward transfer method by capillary action.

Try downward alkaline blotting. Needs an hour and works fine in my hands.

Ref.:
P. Chomczynski (1992): One-hour downward alkaline capillary transfer for
  blotting of DNA and RNA. Anal. Biochem. 201. 134--139.

There must be also a followup-paper which has been mentioned in this news-
group once. Can't remember the reference, though.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */