DNA analysis programs

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Mar 4 04:48:39 EST 1994

Rick Hershberger (rphershb at facstaff.wisc.edu) wrote:
: In article <CM3sHL.IHo at ucdavis.edu>, dobates at ucdavis.edu (Dave Bates)
: wrote:

: > I would specifically be interested in reviews for MacVector, Geneworks,
: > DNAsys, Gene construction Kit, MacPlasmid (??).

Have a look at the bionet.software group. This discussion has popped up
there quite often.

: Peter Markowitz (sp?) from UCLA has written an excellent overview of just
: about all of the available molecular biology software for the macintosh.  I
: don't know how current the file is, but it's available via anonymous ftp
: from ftp.bio.indiana.edu in directory /molbio/mac/pm-macinmolbio.txt.  I
: suspect the other files named pm-something are Peter's reviews also, and
: are applicable to your question.

There is also a couple of reviews by Harry Mangalam (I always get his last
name wrong :-(), the last of which appeared in Trends Biochem. Sci. last
year. Briefly, Harry recommends DNA Strider (Shareware, $200).

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */