help with IVT

STELLA TSIRKA stella at pharm.som.sunysb.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:29:50 EST 1994

hello everybody,

we would like some help with the processing of our in vitro trnaslation
reactions in the retic system:  in summary, we are trying to visualize a
protein band that runs at about 6 kD on an SDS-gel.  unfortunately, using
retics, the band runs right under a big heme blob. we tried washing
extensively the gel in fixing solution to remove the blob, but nothing
really changed (plus we don't want to have a diffused band).  would anybody
be able to suggest any method to clean the gel and make it presentable?
by the way, the wheat germ system doesn't seem to work for us.

thank you,
stella tsirka
dept of pharmacology
suny at stony brook