Primer Design Programs for PC

Andrew Simmonds asimmond at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 4 13:28:12 EST 1994

Hi!  We are looking for a PC program to design PCR primers from a DNA
sequence.  It should read 2, (or more), inputted sequences and choose the
best primer match and also check for palindromes and complimentary
sequences.  Cost IS a factor here, and we would like to find something in
the reasonable, (shareware), range but any comments from those that have
used commercial packages will also be greatly appreciated.  Also if there
is a FAQ on this subject might somebody direct me to it's location?
If this is indeed a new thread I will compile any and all info I receive
and post it at a later date.  Thanks.
Andrew Simmonds - Department of Genetics - University of Alberta CANADA
ASIMMOND at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
ASIMMOND at VM.UCS.UALBERTA.CA
G216 Biological Sciences Centre
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA T6G 2E9