Tissue Damage Using In Situ/PCR?

William Anderson wanderso at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 7 17:25:23 EST 1994

Hello,
	I am contemplating using one of the new PCR machines that
accomodate slides to generate the probe on the slide itself, but am
concerned about morphological degradation within tissue sections exposed
to repeated heat/cool cycles.  I usually use 12um frozen sections that
are lightly fixed just prior to use in ice cold 4% paraformaldehyde for 5
minutes.  Does anyone know if my tissue is going to be turned into Swiss
cheese or if I can alleviate any problems by fixing the tissue harder?
Any advice is welcome!

Will Anderson
wanderso at u.washington.edu