"air" type thermal cyclers

Marcella E Grebus mgrebus at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 8 12:13:55 EST 1994

hey folks,

does anyone here work with one of those "air" type thermal-cyclers?
the kind that cycles air instead of using a heat block.

our lab is interested in looking into them, because we need to
get another thermal-cycler, and i've heard that the ones that
rely on air circulation reduce ramping times significantly but
may have some disadvantages.

i'd appreciate any advice, experience, comments, ordering/manufacturer
information [eg, 1-800 number].  if there's interest, i'd be happy
to post a summary of e-mails received.

also, if you feel strongly that a particular type of thermal-cycler
is the "best", let's discuss pro's and con's.  i'm really open to
any brand/model.

thanks in advance,
--marcy  <mgrebus at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>