Freezing Antibodies...

Andrew Simmonds asimmond at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sat Mar 12 01:31:23 EST 1994

I just bought some FITC-conjugated anti DIG antibody from Boeringer
Mannhiem and before I re-constitute and aliquot it I have a question.  The
package insert makes a brief reference to storage at -20C.  Now anything
I have heard leads me to believe that the proper storage is at +4C...
 BM mentions a 2 month shelf life at +4C once reconstituted but can I indeed
store part of the mix at -20C and in doing so store it for longer?
Andrew Simmonds - Department of Genetics - University of Alberta CANADA
ASIMMOND at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
ASIMMOND at VM.UCS.UALBERTA.CA
G216 Biological Sciences Centre
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA T6G 2E9